I feel like the only one that hasn't blogged about the so called 'Kony issue'. I am a person that puts a lot of political and social things in the news on my facebook page to raise awareness. I'm under no illusion that many people, especially people my age look at the articles I post or care too much about them. The point is I care. The point is that if one other person reads up on the issue that I posted on, that's one more person who might try to do something about it in the future. Things like women's rights and what the government is doing are important. When I first saw this Kony video, the first thing I did was watch it and then post it. Why? Because I figured that, this being an issue I had been following at one time and an important one at that, that people needed to be aware. I am not planning on buying an action kit, honestly I'm wondering where the money is going. What do they need $30 from a couple thousand people for if the government already has troops searching for Kony? I think the important thing is that the government is aware that the people care about finding Kony so that they keep the troops in. That is the sole reason I support this campaign and this is how I have chosen to do so. The fact that it's trendy to do so is irrelevant. The fact that I'm another person shouting out to keep up support is relevant and it doesn't mean that I don't care, it means that I can think for myself and make up my own mind on how to help causes.
I thought that this was an ironic statement and slightly humorous. The thing is that that's what the whole point of the video. To make people Aware and get them Involved. And possibly to get their money, but who knows where the money is going? I wish that in the video they had of told you that, you'd think that would be the first thing they said before they even introduced the 'Action Kits'. I applaud them on their advertising, the way they got people involved, especially teens, I just wish that they'd done a better job explaining themselves.

No comments:
Post a Comment