The thing is, when I was younger, about 14 i saw the movie 'The Bucket List' since then I've made several running bucket lists with friends or at night when I couldn't sleep. It was a way for me to plan my escape from the dreary world around me, from the bad things happening in my life. I don't think I have any of those lists anymore and I don't think, even while writing them, that I took them seriously. Now I'm about to graduate high school, turn eighteen and take a year off from school to try to 'find myself' or something, it's now dawning on me that I am only young once. I will only get this chance once. The chance at complete freedom without responsibilities or any health issues to hold me back. I think most of the things on my list are things that will not only lead me to adventure but open up a wide variety of experiences. The things that are on my list are will thrill and scare me, embarrass me and take my breath away. And somethings on there are things I just never got around to such as reading Alice in Wonderland and braiding flowers into my hair.
I think that in my short life time I've already accomplished so much, tried so many things, laughed, cried alone and with others. And reading and hearing people talk about the things on their bucket list's I find myself thinking 'I've done that!" over and over. I think that even if I finish this list there will always be more things I want to do, more ways to push myself, more ways to feel alive. My ultimate goal is to never feel as if I'm falling into a tedious existence. To never forget what it's like to have fun. And to never ever feel as if I cannot do all the thing I want to do.
To represent my project I have gotten my boyfriend to take pictures or videos of me doing the things on my bucket list (or making it look as if i'm doing them...). I have also used pictures from flickr that have only some rights reserved and made them my own, because I think it's lame to just take other people's pictures, I mean it's my project and my bucket list. So to many of my pictures I've added a personal touch- memes because I find them enjoyable and hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment